Thursday, September 4, 2008

leaving tomorrow

i was talking to my friend carson when a song from the soundtrack to darjeeling limited came up on itunes. we both love the movie darjeeling limited, we both love trains, we both love adrian brody, yada yada yada, we bought train tickets on a whim. my parents found out amtrak tickets are refundable, and have been schemeing all week for me not to leave which is ANNOYING. it just looks better in my head to leave on a train at the beginning of an intense journey.

i'll wake tomorrow at the crack of dawn, take everything in my refrigerator and put it into my backpack like a squirrel packing for winter, and then board the train with my friend carson and my acquaintence jordi. we'll be on the train for 23 hours.


this trip is trying to be as close to the darjeeling as we can make it. i'm adrian brody, carson is owen wilson, and jordi is the other one. we will tell people that we're siblings, even though jordi looks mexican, carson has dark hair and im blonde(ish).
things we will have in common with darjeeling: ace bandage headwrap, stolen items from parents, intimate encounter with train attendant in bathroom, sleeping mask, physical altercations among siblings.
things we might have in common: pain medications (left over from wisdom teeth), pet snake (from petco, not poisonous)
things we won't have in common: a laminator, symbolic for the emotional baggage we'll shed

i spent my last day in seattle interviewing an actor named trick, and i suggest you check out the interview. it will be posted on teentix.blogspot.com shortly. i also hit up tougo coffee to admire my glorious work, and i also suggest you do the same.

future destinations, in chronological order: the streets of oakland, the arches and canyons of moab, the mountains of the denver area, the salt plains of bolivia, the ruins of peru, the galapagos of ecuador

things on my mind: can you ride a llama? what's the difference between a llama and alpalca? will my wisdom teeth become infected?
goals: to eat guinea pig, fall in love with a local, skip college, and retire to the simple life on a shrimp farm

2 comments:

agarella said...

I LOVE YOU and want to come shrimp farming with you.
Ari

Andrea said...

I watched the darjeeling twice this week (second time accidentally) and I finally understand what you're talking about.