Monday, October 27, 2008

hellllooooo

well, A LOT has happened.................good thing pictures tell a thousand words. pictured below: me and spidey. me and lucy. me pursuing my obsession with sand dunes. we rode a dunebuggy to the dunes offroading at approximately one million miles an hour. the driver wasn´t wearing a seatbelt, which actually made me feel better. like he really knew he knew what he was doing. i was strapped in like i was on a rollercoaster. we drove up and down the sand dunes, and then sometimes stopped at the tops and sandboarded down. i cant snowboard, so i went down head first on my belly and it was steeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep. this became the most thrilling day of my life because earlier that day we flew over the nasca lines (mysterious carvings in the ground only visible from above by plane). the plane was the size of my shoe and we crammed in, put our headphones on, and prayed to allah (pictured below). the rest of the time i tried not to throw up as the plane dropped and the pilot spun us around in circles so everyone could see the carvings. also pictured below: the fans at a soccer game i went to, my host family in cusco. i was flipping through the guestbook of my family on my last day when i came across the BIGGEST COINCIDENCE IN THE HISTORY OF MY LIFE. there, pictured in the guestbook, was the shining smiling familiar face of my dear friend noah gallo-brown. his mom was also in there. they stayed with the SAME FAMILY not four months ago. i told my host mom that noah was my friend from seattle and we went to school together and next thing i know she´s pulling out photos of our graduation and all that jazz. below that: chillin at the pisaq ruins. i peed on pisaq. me, ben, and case, aka m&d (mom and dad) out for a night on the town. i´m 85% certain they´re falling in love, its very exciting, everyones falling in love. also pictured is my beloved spanish teacher jesica, who has the absurd laugh of a five year old girl. also, the crazies im stuck here with went bungee jumping, and then i cut guthrie´s hair with the biggest and also dullest scissors his family gave me. they also gave me some of those zig zag scissors to work with. also, me cooking dinner with my adoptive lesbian family next door in cusco. i was peeling apples for that dinner with a cheese grater when i grated my hand as well. annnd pictures of Clam with the typhodian slip in the hospital. me squished on the busride to work at the school. my meal prepared for me by my personal retired professional chef. my fingerpainting of Clam at the hospital with squid invading and me coming through the roof and RZA chilin in the bed next to him. the garden tools, the perfectly cut stones of the Incas that dont need mortar, me trying to do a cartwheel, etc, etc. my lessons to the children about names of animals. things im wondering: why is the peruvian men´s hairstyle so hideous? its like long in the front and short in the back. also, plans are in the works to live on a shrimp farm with clam. sticking with the nautical theme. im currently listening to the noises of a man who is a parrot impersonator. also, im stressin about what to be for halloween. im thinkin pocohauntus because theres an abundance of moccasins and headbands in this country.




































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































6 comments:

carsonstayshome said...

hellooooo indeed. stick with the maritime. I like it. Plus, wtf is with you are crazy haircuts. Peruvian men may have long in the front short in the back, but I (in caps) had it long on one side short on the other. Stop giving her scissors!

MISS YOU!

j said...

HOW TO VOTE!!

Send email to ballot.request@kingcounty.gov
They will send you an e-Ballot. It might be helpful to provide your voter ID, otherwise name and address will probably work.

db said...

So yer dad and me are geezers. I'm sittin' around wonderin' what lucky soul I haven't harangued completely about gettin' out the vote and who pops into my head but Bianca. Recently of voting age and having a fabulous time (judging from the words and fashion photography), gallavanting around , way-way-way south of the border and not anywhere near a polling place where she might weigh in on her future ... so I pop in to see what's up and there's a missive from your creaky old dad sending directions on HOW to actually vote from Peru. What a world...

It's most excellent to see you're doing so well - all the best from Susan and me - safe travels !

stephan said...

It looks like you are having fun. This makes me happy. Miss you fool

Andrea said...

WHAT YOU CAN VOTE ONLINE?? My dad sent my ballot to argentina and it may never arrive. I like all the pics and your overalls a lot but where are your dreads??

veronicacg said...

BIG. this all seems epically wonderful. next time bring me with youuu i am outrageously jealous of your travels, and miss you outrageously

vero